Monday, July 02, 2007

What is it they say about imitation?

It's the sincerest form of flattery.

Angeluna, please do not stop showing me socks.

Seems it has happened before, though I do not remember the specific sock or the specific baby hat,

but here we have a new baby hat:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Very much like the sock I saw yesterday, shown in Angeluna's purlsbeforefrogs July 1 blog post. Scroll down a couple of screen-fulls.

The sock is the Undulating Rib sock from Favorite Socks recently published by Interweave, a very nice sock book, by the way. I modified the sock pattern to have 5 "plain" rows between the "fancy" rows because of the limited amount of real estate I have in the top of a baby hat. The yarn is Regia, purchased on ebay last year (or the year before, I forget). It was a good deal but I haven't gotten in the mood to knit socks with it and I don't feel the Regia faux fair isle mood coming on anytime soon. So I'm double stranding it on a size 6us circ (yea for knitpicks 16" circs). The cast-on was 72.

This project will use up some sock yarn and keep some baby's head warm. Unfortunately, (or fortunately) I think there will be enough yarn in two skeins of sock yarn to warm the heads of several babies.

2 Comments:

Blogger bookgrump said...

I don't think you'll ever find a way to stop Angeluna from showing us new sock patterns. It's just not possible! You should be happy! she's helping you eliminate stash!

7/02/2007 11:26 PM

 
Blogger Angeluna said...

Glad you want to see more since I found still another old/new one today that I think we have all forgotten. It is quite nice, and doubled, might make a girls baby hat. Kew, from Knitty.

I love the way Jeri changes a stitch or two here and there and makes a whole new "thing" from it.

7/03/2007 1:54 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home