Saturday, June 30, 2007

catch up pics

Here are the pictures to go with last nights post. We've just finished our afternoon shower hard rain but I got these pictures a couple of hours ago when we were having some sunshine. And heat. And humidity. But I digress.

Here is one monkey and a nub of a toe of monkey 2:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And a closeup of the cuff of monkey 1:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And loksin leg 1:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Notice some of the lace pattern continuing down the heel. I'm sure the heel flap would be perfectly fine as written, and probably wear better, but as I rarely wear shoes with heels, I did my own thing. Have I mentioned lately that I don't like [to knit] heel flaps?

Baby bear, stuffed and with his face on:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

His legs really are rather even despite their appearance in the picture. I think I must have had him posed at an odd angle.

And a bonus. A baby hat that makes easy farm knitting.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
knit with leftover Briggs and Little Tuffy sock yarn. I was advised that I would need three skeins for men's socks. I didn't. [I used parts of two skeins.]

2 Comments:

Blogger Lynn said...

Is this your second pair of Monkey socks? I don't remember them being that [heartbreakingly lovely] colorway. But then I don't remember a lot of things lately, LOL.

I made the trip to FW between cloudbursts and picked up a 32" 000 Addi Turbo to restart the not-blue socks. I think that yarn might want to be Monkeys.

6/30/2007 5:12 PM

 
Blogger Angeluna said...

Love your Monkeys, color, yarn and ribbing trick. I didn't see your Loksins. They are gorgeous. And bear is pretty cute, too.

7/02/2007 5:46 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home