Monday, May 14, 2007

toe up monkey progress

I've been charting and testing and have something closer to a toe up monkey. The top section is the new version over 56 stitches:



I've also charted it with a 16 stitch repeat over 64 stitches like the original monkey, and with an 18 stitch repeat over 72 stitches. The 18 stitch repeat could also be used to make a 54 stitch sock if one knitted just 3 repeats instead of 4. I have not test knit the 64 and 72 stitch versions. Anyone want to test knit one of them for me?

For another possibility, I am thinking about testing the Monkey chart as written, and just knitting it toe up and letting the "arrows" point the other way.

It's Tuesday tomorrow and that means it's knit night for the Sisters Of the Wool. And in a pattern that has almost become normal, storms are forecast. Let's hope they blow through by early evening. Or as Susan posted this evening, let's hope the bathroom at Starbucks is clean.

more later,
j

4 Comments:

Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

It looks like you're figuring it out. What yarn and colorway are you using?

I was glad to get to meet you at the SWAK Corral. I hope to see you again and get to knit together soon.

5/14/2007 11:31 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmmmm, leave it to Jeri to figure these things out. I may take the easy road and go top down this time. But Monkey will be my next sock. I'm to the heel on the second Baud.

5/14/2007 11:55 PM

 
Blogger AR said...

Looks good so far. Wishing good weather and/or clean bathrooms to you and your knit group. LOL

5/15/2007 6:10 AM

 
Blogger Lynn said...

How did it go tonight? I was at the auditorium at the HS, listening to LittleBit and the other choirs warble away.

That sock is seriously cool. Can't wait to see it or its mate next Tuesday night.

My Jitterbug socks got some culture tonight. Everything from Swahili (I think) to a movement from Carmina Burana. No pictures yet; I still haven't plugged in my new battery recharger.

5/15/2007 10:04 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home