Friday, May 11, 2007

Rebuilding Greensburg block by block

This blog title is courtesy of Laura over at Sugar Bunny Boulevard [link] She is collecting 8" garter stitch squares to make an afghan for a family in Greensburg. She will make more than afghans for Greensburg families depending on how many squares she gets. I read about her project on Wendyknits and just had to make a square. Now. Setting aside my Baudelaires, I pulled some stash yarn and cast-on. My square is done:


I'll be sending this square to Laura next week, after I show it to my Sisters Of the Wool, and maybe collect some squares that they have knitted.


Tomorrow, we're back to the Baudelaire's, and knitting ribbing. Watch this space for finished Bauds soon.

more later,
j

3 Comments:

Blogger bookgrump said...

Is that more Patons Shetland Chunky? I swear... Those left-overs multiply!

It sure is pretty though!

5/11/2007 11:05 PM

 
Blogger txknitter said...

I love the color. It's beautiful.

5/13/2007 6:54 PM

 
Blogger Laura said...

Love the yarn you're using for this square!!! Thanks so much for helping!! :)

5/15/2007 3:06 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home