Sunday, April 22, 2007

clapotis is done

My clapotis is done. Blocked and drying as I type. She was started and finished in April. With yarn knit in the same year it was purchased. This is soo not me.

Here is her pic:


details:
pattern - Clapotis from knitty fall '04 (link)

yarn - lotus blossom (ebay seller) twinkletoes sock yarn in the Midnite color, 115.9 grams [and 4 grams are left]

I left out one increase section, stopping at 95 stitches per row, because I had used almost 20 percent of my yarn. I knit 15 straight sections (instead of the pattern 13 straight sections), stopping when I had just over 20 percent of my yarn left. One of my Sisters of the Wool told me about the 20-60-20 rule and it worked well.

needle - size 6us pink nylon circ

size - preblocked - 56 inches long and 7 to 12 inches wide
blocked gently (no pins) - 60 inches long and 18 inches wide

more later,
j

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Lynn said...

Jeri, you've got another winner here. Which reminds me that I need to block my own clapotis ;)

4/22/2007 9:13 PM

 
Anonymous Deborah (a.k.a. Mt. Mom) said...

Hmmm. . . 20-60-20; I want to remember that. Does it apply particularly/exclusively to bias-knit rectangles? Do you or your sisters of the wool also know a ratio for weight of yarn used in crown vs body of a cap? I keep meaning to weigh a project in media res myself, but. . . I don't want to take out the needle(s), or I just don't think of it until too late, or . . . .

I like the clapotis in variegated sock yarn. Inspiring! Congratulations on finishing that lovely thing!

4/23/2007 11:56 PM

 
Blogger Abril said...

Pretty! I wonder if 15-70-15 ratio would work for a longer/skinnier clapotis...

4/27/2007 11:54 PM

 
Blogger Steph said...

"With yarn knit in the same year it was purchased."

lol... that's impressive! I'm really awful at using yarn up... either it was for a project that was just too difficult for me, or I was too lazy to try and use it... I have a LOT of ancient yarn laying around the place!

Anyway, your clapotis turned out lovely! I've tried making my own one, but the part where you have to start dropping all the stitches really threw me off... I started panicking that I wasn't doing it right and frogged it, hehe. Perhaps one day I'll give it another try...

4/30/2007 9:08 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home