Saturday, June 09, 2007

Toe swatches

I've been amusing myself with some swatching. I know, I'm maybe a little weird in that respect. Sometimes I enjoy swatching. I want to see what the yarn will look like knit up. I want to know what a new yarn will feel like to knit. I have an idea of a needle size that will work and want to try it out. And so on.

Here we have a couple of swatches:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Tofutsies on size 1us 2.25 mm (a new size from knitpicks)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Panda wool on size 1.5us 2.5 mm

I think these needle sizes are the right sizes for these yarns for the way I knit and the density I like in socks. But I'll have Joy check me. She's my sounding board for sock gauge. She checks for "airy" on request.

Now these swatches may look like sock toes. And they may become sock toes but today they are swatches. They distinction is important because of my self-imposed restriction on starting new projects and I'm not quite eligible. And I'm not sure these are the new projects I want to start, so they're swatches.

Oh, the games we play...
j

3 Comments:

Blogger AR said...

Hehe! Those are so cute. If I got the toes so right, like you did, I'd have to finish them.

6/09/2007 9:42 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

CUTE! I love how the toes look when you first get started. I get what you mean about self-imposed rules. I have a couple going right now, which are also keeping me from casting on socks. Sooner or later, I need to set myself a rule to finish a scarf I started last year... indeed the games we play. ;)

6/09/2007 10:07 AM

 
Blogger Kristin said...

Thanks for the comment! I'll have to look into that with Koigu... oh what a relief that would be! I <3 koigu so much! Thanks for the tips!

-Kristin
www.kristypage.net/knitviews

6/09/2007 7:33 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home