Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Closing in

Closing in on the end of February. A couple of last minute completions, I was about to say, but one is a completion and one is a frog.

Baby Albert is finished. Well, except for the buttons, and I'm calling it finished. A friend at work who has three children from age 7 down to 6 months says it's about a size 2. Actually I knit the 0-3 month size generally, but used worsted weight yarn (KP dye-yur-own, undyed) and size 7 needles. When it came to the "knit to inches" instructions, I overshot the 12 month size slightly. Hey, it will fit somebody. When my SOW with the sweet one-year old dd gets to come to knit night next, maybe we'll get a modeled shot.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And the Cat Bordhi smile socks are de nada. Gone to the frog pond. Witnesseth:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And there was a squishy package waiting for me when I got home. I ripped it open immediately and wanted to cuddle and pat my new sock yarn, but dh wanted me to help finish up dinner. Then I had to go to bell practice. Then a stop at CVS for the vitamin sale. Now home to blog but I did get to take my new yarns first pics:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
closeups later. This post is pretty graphic heavy. And there is more.

More new yarn that is. Grace shared her purple cth ebay buy from a few months ago. I think it may be "solid" for purposes of sock madness:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And no pic of this announcement, but I just e-heard that the harlot quoted me today. I commented about an arty photo of garter which I thought I recognized as ez's ribwarmer vest. And I was right. And she mentioned me by name.

Better close for now. Lost is on and I feel the knitting needles calling me.

j

3 Comments:

Blogger bookgrump said...

Can we say that "we knew you when..."? Maybe this will be the start of a beautiful friendship where the Pattern Whisperer (tm) eventually is asked to co-author a book!

Love the yarn! Beautiful! Can't wait to see the new stuff!

2/28/2007 9:44 PM

 
Blogger Lynn said...

I noticed that, too! Took two minutes at the end of the day before shutting down my computer at work and clicked on the Harlot, and there you were. It was a good night for yarn-gathering this week, wasn't it? Can't wait to get my hands on the turquoise silk that I brought home. [Bless you, Grace!]

3/01/2007 5:28 AM

 
Blogger Jo at Celtic Memory Yarns said...

Jeri, thanks for stopping by West Cork and giving encouragement on Sock Madness and Flickr. That new yarn is utterly desirable - where can I get some JUST like it?

Ha ha, so you've fallen for the Starmore spell! Do not, repeat, do not even TRY the Eriskay. Oh I have a tale to tell would raise each fretted hair.... or something. And I put out yarn scraps (and dog fur) for the birds too - it's wonderful to see it used in a nest, isn't it?

3/01/2007 3:49 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home