Tuesday, September 11, 2007

handspun baby set

In other knitting, here is a hat and booties for a co-worker who is having a baby girl in October. The shower is this week and they are blocking as I type.

jessica090907 006

The hat, up close:
jessica090907 008

The pattern is Madge from knitty [link] with the cast-on reduced from 80 to 60. The yarn is my own handspun, dyed pink in the roving, with darker and lighter places, with cherry kool-aid.

The bootie pattern is my own. I knitted both of the booties semi-simultaneously to make sure they would come out the same. And use the yarn to best advantage. There is one yard of yarn left.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

Jeri, your handspun is beautiful. The hat and booties are wonderful and I'm sure they'll be wonderful for the new little bundle to be.

9/13/2007 4:29 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home