Monday, September 10, 2007

recycled silk bag UFO

I really have been knitting almost monogamously on the sweater, but there are few other projects on the needles for times when I need something that I can pick up and put down easily. Or knit without thinking too much. Or when I am sick of cables...

This recycled silk bag has been on the needles for, umm, maybe a couple of years. I'm not sure.

recy_silk090907 003

I decided to finish it as a project for the stashalong project [link]. I found the bag about 3/4 through with the first wedge. There were no notes about the short row plan I made up. So I made it up again. Maybe it's the same, maybe not... it's close enough that it matters not. And finishing it in September "buys" me an extra yarn day in the stashalong game.

In other news, have you seen the new knitpicks options harmony needles [link]? Wooden interchangeable needle tips that fit the knitpicks options cords. Made of what looks like laminated layers of brightly colored wood. With nice points. Together with some of my Sisters Of the Wool, I have some on order to try.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home