Saturday, August 11, 2007

one week one ball


IM081107 001
Originally uploaded by soapquiltknit
I've been knitting one week ( well, technically eight days if you consider that I started knitting on said sleeve last Saturday, I think, and this is Saturday evening) on Irish Moss and I have one sleeve approximately up to the maple man's elbow (abour 13 1/4 inches). I'm just about done with the increases so it will be fairly straight up from here.

I'm trying to hang tough and knit almost monogamously on this sweater, but dang, my right index finger (the pusher finger) is getting sore.

I have found a handy feature of my kp options circ. There's a little hole near the cable join that works as an automatic life-liner. You may see some light green lifelines in the pic. I am putting them in at the end of each 16 row chart, just in case of disaster, and I'm keeping them as a counting aid. Also I think they will help make for even seaming.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Angeluna said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

8/12/2007 1:32 PM

 
Blogger Angeluna said...

This is looking so good. You must be pleased. Are you showing it to Maple Man? Or does it stay a surprise?

Ummmm, how many balls in all?

8/12/2007 1:32 PM

 
Blogger bookgrump said...

I was wondering about that too. Is this a secret gift for MapleMan? It's looking so nice!

8/12/2007 5:52 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home