Friday, August 03, 2007

good or bad

One of my Sisters (of the Wool), bookgrump, asked whether her Sisters had been good or bad at a lys sale.

My reply was to request a definition of good. lol

I thought I did pretty good. I bought yarn for a sweater for the maple man and he's a big tall guy so I bought a LOT of skeins of Silky Wool. (I've been swatching and it's making me crazy. I can "get gauge" per the pattern but I don't like the knitted fabric at that gauge. So I dropped down a needle size and made another swatch... They're swimming now. I feel some calculations coming on, to make my gauge work with the pattern.)

And I filled in the Mission Falls colors I needed for a sweater for me. I've been collecting colors as I find them on sale. And one skein of sock yarn. One of the Rio de la Plata handspun looking sock yarns. And one prospective buy (a yarn that wasn't on my mental "must have" list) - one skein of hempathy, probably for a lacy stretchy bag.

All for 25 percent off.

But if good means you didn't get much yarn, I guess I was bad...

Stay tuned for pictures tomorrow.

2 Comments:

Blogger bookgrump said...

I think you were good. You have a plan for most of the yarn you bought, which is good. You also saved a boatload of money. Nothing wrong with that!

8/04/2007 12:00 AM

 
Blogger Aisling said...

It all sounds good to me. I agree with G. ; )

8/04/2007 12:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home