Wednesday, July 25, 2007

another gusset

Loksin #2 is coming along nicely. I started the gusset on Sunday afternoon. I had a hard time getting around "tuit". You wouldn't believe the number of puttering around the house things I had to do to put off knitting that gusset. I don't know what it is with me but it seems like I'd rather do almost anything that knit a heel flap and gusset. Now this sock was waiting it's turn in the knitting queue with the heel flap and turn already done. So it wasn't that big of a deal. But still...

Well, I tried the heel flap pick-ups that Angeluna taught me. It's like "shoop shoop shoop". Those are the sound effects she uses when she's convincing me how quick and easy it is. Now when I picked up the first loksin's heel flap stitches, or rather, when she demonstrated it to me, and I mostly watched, [well, maybe I did a couple of the stitches] all of the picked up stitches appeared on the needle correctly mounted. This time, they all appeared, somehow, incorrectly mounted. As my intent was to knit them through the back loop, and I don't know how to knit a backwards stitch through the back loop, I ran another needle through all to correct the mounts. With minimal grumbling.

Enough talk. We have gussets. Let's show the pictures.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And sock #2 up close:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

If you look really close, you can see where I changed over to the rosier yarn, then knit a row with the leg skein, then back to rosy, to "feather" in the new color. Generally, it's not a jarring stripey difference though.

Stay tuned for a spinning and plying report tomorrow.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home