Sunday, July 15, 2007

loksins at the heel flaps

The loksins are closing in on the end of the heel flaps. Here is their first "together" picture:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Actually, they might be farther along by the time you read this. I wanted to get the pic outdoors with natural light. There was a chance of being carried off by mosquitoes but I managed to swat them away. Seriously, some of the pictures were blurry, I think, because of the swatting. Our recent rains seem to have resulted in a bumper crop of mosquitoes. But I digress.

Do you notice anything? Do those socks look a little different? They do to me, and it makes me groan to think that I had knitted almost two full legs before I held them up to each other, in light where I could see them clearly. I have checked the ball bands. They are the same color number, same dye lot. But one is just a touch pinkier. And one is more tannish.

I'm taking them down to the heel turn, each on their own ball of yarn. Then I'm going to ponder what to do next.

5 Comments:

Blogger Rosemary said...

Perhaps if you soak the socks in water together, the color will equalize?

7/15/2007 10:40 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh that's a bummer! That happened to me, only there was a difference between two ends of one skein! The upside is that socks rarely sit that close to each other in practice.

The loksins look great! I have that patter in my ravelry queue. :)

7/16/2007 12:10 AM

 
Blogger Angele said...

Those look great Jeri! I can't wait to start my Loksins now! I really like the color you are knitting them in -- the lighter color really makes the pattern stand out.

7/16/2007 11:49 AM

 
Blogger bookgrump said...

Whoa! Those are different! I thought it was just the lighting. You seem to have the absolute worst luck with that happening!

Maybe washing them together will even them out a bit?

They're still pretty! I can't wait to start mine!

7/16/2007 1:06 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, even if they are slightly different, I think they're *gorgeous*! Good on ya', Jeri.

7/17/2007 3:13 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home