Friday, October 20, 2006

klaralund


I wore Klaralund to work today. It was cool here. Started out in the 40's with highs in the 70s so that's sweater weather in my book.

I knitted klara last winter of Noro Shinano. Bought the yarn at a quilt shop/yarn shop on 12/31/05. Cast-on and swatched on new year's eve then finished her about three weeks later.

I knitted the pattern pretty much as written with the exception of the sleeves, which were knit from the shoulders down so I could make sure the length was right for me. Many bloggers and KAL'ers at the time were grousing about too-long sleeves. Plus I tapered the sleeves a bit so there not as belled as the pattern, as written.

more later,
j

3 Comments:

Blogger AR said...

Very nice! I love how that sweater looks.

10/21/2006 9:13 AM

 
Blogger Lynn said...

I'm laughing, not at the sweater, which is your usual well-conceived, impeccably-executed opus, but at the fact that in KnitBlogLand, headless photos are somewhat the norm.

Are we going to see this sweater at Knit Night?

10/22/2006 7:17 PM

 
Blogger omly said...

Hi Jeri,
How did you get the colors of the sleeves so close? I am considering making a sweater with a bunch of Noro Silk Garden I have, but I am concerned about it being incredibly unsymmetrical. (A little bit I can handle, but a lot will drive me crazy.)

In regards to the comment you left me, the hat I made took just under a full skein of Koigu and another of Opal for the double knit hat. A single layer hat would take a little under one skein total, but would also be thin.

I did the hat on 3's, but might have been able to pull do 4's. At the time I didn't have any on hand though, and the denser fabric pleased me. If you do not knit fairly tightly though, you may be better off with 3s anyways.

11/04/2006 3:58 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home