Saturday, October 28, 2006

blog button

We have our first blog button. I'm so proud. See the lovely Socktoberfest button on the right. Better late than never, I always say. Well, I don't often say it, but perhaps I should.

Now, I've noticed recently that sometimes my sidebar content falls to the bottom of the page, and depending on how many posts are displayed, and how long they are, may be quite a ways down. Sorry about this and please know that if I had any idea how to move the sidebar content to the top, I would do it. In any case, with this post publishing, we have buttons.

There is a blog that was instrumental in giving me the instructions, and courage, to edit the template, to get some buttons. Please see Kate's aastrikke blog for lots of knitting blog helps. The post related to buttons is here. And the post about getting around blogger image hassles is good too.

6 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

Hi Jeri, I had that problem with my sidebar content moving to the bottom. It happened after I'd added a photo to my post and it seems that it was wider than the width allocated for posts so that the sidebar didn't have enough room and got pushed to the bottom (I think that's the reason). Anyway, I altered the size of my photo and everything went back to normal. Hope this helps.

10/28/2006 11:29 AM

 
Blogger AR said...

Hmm. That's weird. I was getting a little angry with blogger today. It finally worked for me, so I guess it's all ok for now.

10/28/2006 9:13 PM

 
Blogger Tara said...

Hi Jeri, just wanted to respond to your question about my sock. It's actually a K2, P1 garter rib.
Row 1: K2, P1, around
Row 2: Knit all
Repeat those two rows
If you have any more questions, email me!

10/29/2006 2:49 PM

 
Blogger Cindy G said...

Thank you! I'd thought sidebars were disappearing on several blogs, but didn't think to scroll all the way down. Also thank you for the blogger assistance links.

Thanks, too for the heads up about my web page. I reduced the size of a picture,and I think it's working better...

(I'm seriously internet impaired and need all the help I can get.)

11/01/2006 10:54 AM

 
Blogger Carrie said...

Thank you for your information! I haven't been able to put a blog button on yet, but shall soon!

12/09/2006 7:01 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tag, you are "it" (well, one of 6 "its", to be specific). See my blog for the meme.

12/17/2006 9:17 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home