Sunday, July 23, 2006

July KAL is done ++

The mid-July KAL dish cloth is done. I kept up day-by-day but then finished it a day late because I got "stuck" on the Beaufort baby hat. Well, it's done, except for weaving in the ends. And perhaps trip through the washer to see how much it shrinks.


And I've started another dishcloth in the beestitch. Just had to try out the pattern as I like the pictured texture and it seemed like a good one for the variegated cotton yarn. I didn't see the diagonal stripes forming until just a few rows ago. And they are far more prominent in the picture than in person. I'm knitting it on size 6s using Peaches & Creme Potpourri 178 (dl 7325). The pattern is from knitting knonsense's site. There's a link on the pattern page for "how to knit in the row below". But it left me wondering what to do with the stitch that is on the needle. I knew I couldn't keep it there and knit it as that would result in an increase (and there are no decreases in the pattern). So I just turned it loose with the row-below-stitch. Works fine. I also like knitting knonsense's Darrell Waltrip pattern. Another goody for variegated yarn.

I'm thinking a dishcloth would be a good thing to keep going on the needles to pick up as needed when you need a few minutes of knitting. It seems that if I have my knitting with me to fill waiting time, like at the doctor or dentist's office, I wait less. The thing with this beestitch pattern is that I've figured out how to read it to know what row I'm on but I'm afraid if I put it down for more than a few days I may not be able to read it so well. I guess the answer is to write down what row is coming up.

Now it's back to that vest, more later,
j

Whoops, almost forgot the woohoo. Blog views are over 1000. For a blog that is about a month old. Somebody is reading, even if not very many of you are commenting. It's ok --- you can lurk.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Delurking. Almost thou persuadest me to blog...

7/23/2006 10:00 AM

 
Blogger Alliesw said...

Wow--cool looking dishcloths. Amazing something so usueful can be so pretty!

7/23/2006 11:29 PM

 
Blogger lauriec said...

Your mid-month KAL looks so much nicer than mine!!!

Are you doing the dishcloth exchange too? I finished my cloth tonight & did the dragonfly pattern (one of my staples!)

7/28/2006 9:15 PM

 
Blogger Jeri said...

I'm not doing the dishcloth exchange. I understand I'm not eligible because I've not been a member of the group long enough. Oh well. I'm ok with that.

7/29/2006 3:55 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home