Saturday, July 15, 2006

ball band kimono

Presenting my new ball band Kimono:


It's a combination of a couple of patterns from Mason Dixon knitting, the ball band warshrag and the kimono. Knit from sugar and cream worsted cotton in pink (2 balls) , orange, and red. It is from Hobby Lobby's recent 99 cent sale so I guess my cost was about $4.00. And there's plenty left for some dishcloths or maybe a hat. Then there's my time, which I didn't track but that makes it worth well over $100.00 .

Basically, I followed the ball band pattern with the Kimono shaping. My cast-on was 43 to get close to the 40 called for in the Kimono but space out the slip stitches to their best advantage imo. I tried to keep the slip stitches out of the seam area as they would have added bulk in the seam.

Here is a pic full out. Shows all those ends I have to weave in. I figure that will be a good project for Tuesday night knit night. And then a bit of seaming. The baby (a co-workers) is not due until October so I have time.

more later,
j

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeri...I constantly amazed by your ingenuity. Bravo! Bravo!

S

7/15/2006 9:11 AM

 
Blogger StampinShelly said...

So clever! Just love it! Gotta tell you that orange and pink is my fav color combo. Thanks for sharing.

7/15/2006 9:58 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love it jeri, you always come up with the best stuff! You should do a matchy hat.

-ais

7/15/2006 12:57 PM

 
Blogger Larjmarj said...

Very cute and great colors

7/15/2006 6:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home