Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Dulaan sweater



Here's a pic of my sweater for the Dulaan project. I have to get it packed up and mailed off.

The yarn is schaffhauser and is machine washable wool. 68% wool 32% viscose. I think I used about 7 balls so 350 grams but I have two partial balls left over. And 10 more balls. It was a good deal on ebay. What can I say? The yarn has no current plans. Anybody need some? I'll make you a heck of a deal.

The pattern is the child placket neck pullover from Last Minute Knitted Gifts. If you knit it, be sure and see the errata here.

I knit the sweater with the yarn doubled on size 9s so it was a pretty quick knit. 'Course I had to do some recalculating on the pattern because my gauge doubled was not what the pattern called for. Basically, I ended up using the stitch counts for the small and the lengths for the next-to-large. It ended up about a size 6 to 8. I'm sure the Dulaan project will find a child who will like to wear it and will be kept warm by it.

Jeri

p.s. The quilt it from years ago. Three houses ago. Does anybody else measure their life by houses? Back when quilt as you go log cabins were popular.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home