Thursday, July 27, 2006

getting ready to shrug

I'm getting ready to knit the fisherman shrug from an issue of knit it a few months ago.

It was pictured on the cover and cinched my decision to buy the magazine. However the pattern had lots of problems and was basically republished with corrections as a free pattern. I was going to post a link but the lionbrand site is not cooperating so you'll have to google it.

I have my yarn on order. Spinnaker in natural from knitpicks. They put it on sale last weekend. 5.99 for 200 grams/132 yards rated gauge 2.5 spi. The yarn should be here soon. I think I can get the pattern gauge or close to it.

I've been doing some blog research for other knitters who have knit this shrug. High Energy Knits has a nice discussion with charts and math. Also see knit two together's snapshots and rant. And it's been discussed on knitters review.

Watch for daily or semi-daily (that would be every other day or so) progress posts. Hopefully, if I stay with it, and the yarn cooperates, and I can make the pattern work for me, it won't take long.

more later,
j

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like the yarn a lot. Had also liked that pattern and think I bought the magazine, if I can find it. I may want to join you for a knitalong on this one. Rats, the yarn is no longer on sale. Oh, well.

7/28/2006 3:06 AM

 
Blogger Stacey said...

I've been planning on knitting this for awhile. I'll watch your progress and if it goes well for you, will join you, if you don't mind.

7/29/2006 11:50 AM

 
Blogger Jeri said...

angeluna, it was still on sale when I checked, when you posted. But I looked last night and the sale was over.

rockinmax, stay tuned. I'll be figuring out a way to make this work and I'd be glad to have you knit-a-long.

p.s. when you post a comment anonymously, I can't email you back, like I wish I could. I do hope you come back and read my replies.

7/29/2006 3:54 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home