Tuesday, November 13, 2007

a sweater for dad

Today’s knitting daily post comes from guest contributor, Amy Clarke Moore, editor of Spin-Off magazine.
Amy tells about the sweater she’s been working on for her dad since 1996. She knits on it from November to February. His birthday is in February and when it’s not done in time for his birthday, she puts it away until the next dad-sweater-knitting-season.

I’m not sure how old Amy is or how old her dad is. But I’m guessing Amy is grown, since she has a position as editor of a spinning magazine, and her dad is, what word should I use, mature.

Life is fleeting. We never know when our number will be called. I lost my dad, suddenly, in 1992, when he was 65. I think he knew, because before he passed, he made the “tour” and visited each of his kids and their families. And I wasn’t a knitter then, but if I had been, I would have wanted him to have his sweater.

Amy, finish the sweater.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cindy/Snid said...

I hear ya. I was thinking the same thing when I read that post. I have lost my dad too. But the one I really need to finish is for my husband, but that is another story...!

11/14/2007 5:55 PM

 
Blogger Jeri said...

Oh, yeah, you know, we have the hubby sweater going here too. And I'm going to go knit a few rows just now.

11/14/2007 8:27 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home