Monday, November 12, 2007

hats for 3 year olds

Here are some hats I've been knitting:

The pink hat is for my cousin's granddaughter Anna Mae. It is knit with two strands of custom dyed not-so-light yarn from Socks that Fit [etsy link]
I think it will be just right for a 3 year old girly girl who likes pink. It reminds me of pepto-bismol or Barbie playhouse pink. My cast-on was 80 and the needle was a kp 16 inch circ size 5us. The pattern is my own and will be published here soon.

The red hat is for the 3 year old grandson of one of the maple man's suppliers. Carl Munn is the developer of the popular and hard-to-find Moonrise maple. The colors of the hat are designed to capture the fall colors of Japanese maples.
This one is Acer Japonicum Oisami.

Same pattern as above except the cast-on was 84. Same size 5 kp 16 inch circ. The yarn is one strand of Silja red and one strand of Cherry Tree Hill sock yarn in the fall foliage colorway.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home