Sunday, November 04, 2007

library books

I really enjoy library books. Recently most of my choices have been of the knitting and spinning persuasion. I get to read newer books before I make a buy decision, and out-of-print books that are not available except at astronomical prices and also the oldie-goodies. My local library has a program that allows me to have a library card also from the close-by larger library systems so I can check out their books too. I can also borrow from farther-away larger library systems but I'm not so interested in driving an hour or two to a library. In any case...

I currently have these books checked out:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This is an excellent book. Currently out of print but I understand it's being re-published. I'll be one of the first in line. Even though she expresses a preference for throwing over continental, and seaming over in-the-round. And she doesn't call my favorite long tail cast-on by the name we know and love, long tail cast-on.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

An excellent resource for natural dyeing. Also out of print but there are some reasonably priced copies for sale used. I'll be adding this one to my personal library.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Focused on sweater patterns knit from handspun. A bit too cookbook-y for me, so I'll just enjoy the library's copy for a couple of weeks.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger AR said...

I love the library! Especially when you can get knitting books. That natural dyeing book looks mighty interesting.

Our library has a system that borrows books from other libraries for you, if they don't have them. I've gotten some knitting and dyeing books from libraries that are 5 hours away. They send them, though, cuz I surely wouldn't drive to get 'em.

11/04/2007 7:21 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home