Saturday, September 02, 2006

catch up pics on the sweater

I finally got all the sweater parts grouped for a picture. This is where we are:

She'll be getting some knitting time this weekend and I am having a weekend. No work-work today (Saturday) and Monday is a holiday. I may go out and sell some trees at the farm today and watch some rain, hopefully.

Haven't decided whether to work on sleeve 2 or front 2 next. Targeting to do both over the next coupla' days.


Meanwhile, swallowtail has caught my fancy again. She has gotten knit time this week and is at 12 repeats. I have a decision point coming up at 14 repeats of the bud chart. I want her a bit larger than the pattern is written, and I'm thinking of doing more bud repeats. Stay tuned for my plans (and some math) at 14.

more later,
j

7 Comments:

Blogger Lynn said...

Your "family portrait" of the WIP components gives me an idea for my own blog. I am swatching for the charcoal sweater while waiting to try the fit on BittyBit's socks.

I think I will wind a ball, make a swatch, wind another ball, make another swatch, etc., until I find what I'm looking for.

I think that's Bono's cue...

9/02/2006 9:36 AM

 
Blogger AR said...

Your sweater will be done in no time. Wow! Your shawl looks great, too.

9/02/2006 9:47 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh great Jeri, thanks for posting about the Swallowtail. I was just going to e-mail you to ask how many repeats you thought it needed. I'm trailing on your heels. Sweater looks great. Can see what you've been working on.

9/04/2006 1:54 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

your swallowtail shawl is so pretty! i'm planning on using gloss for mine as well...how many hanks have you used? i'm wondering if i need to order 3 hanks instead of 2...

9/04/2006 2:42 AM

 
Blogger McQueen said...

Hi Jeri , thanks for the comment you left about my swallowtail. I used Knitpicks Shadow (merino lace weight) for my shawl and I used 3.5mm needle. I still had quite a bit of yarn leftover for another repeat i guess.

9/04/2006 9:35 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just found your comment after my comment on the Swallowtail Shawl KAL blog. I, too, am looking forward to seeing how many extra repeats you do. I finished mine according to the pattern because I only had 356 yards of yarn, but if I make this again I will definitely make it larger.

9/19/2006 2:57 PM

 
Blogger Veronique said...

I'm with Angeluna and Mary Tess: how many repeats will you do on the Swallowtail?! I'd like to increase the size of my Swallowtail too, so I'm very curious...

9/20/2006 9:43 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home