Sunday, August 20, 2006

another monthly KAL dishcloth

Now you didn't think I was knitting monogomously on the sweater, did you?
Well, I almost am, but it's mid-month and time for the monthly dishcloth KAL. Here is where I am after day 4. Days 1-3 were my lunchtime knitting this week Wed-Fri.

The instructions called for a variegated and a solid but in the reverse positions from where you see them in my pic. Sometimes I don't follow instructions very well, but you may have already known that. My knitting rebel coming out when I picked these yarns, I guess.

I do like how this one is knitting up. It reminds me of the ball-band warshrag with the slip stitches, but they're handled differently. And it's more stockinette based than reverse stockinette. As I knit it, I ask myself how the patt would work in a sock. And I do think it would work. There would be just two rows of purling every 10 rows, I think, though I haven't tested it out in the round.

The yarns:
Sugar and Cream Butter Cream Ombre
Peaches and Creme Lt Sage

Knitted on a size 7 circ that makes it very portable and worry free when jamming it in the bag and dragging it out.

Pattern: mid-August 2006 KAL from the monthly dishcloth group at yahoogroups. Here's their blog address.

One more note: I have found that generally when combining a solid and a variegated, it's best if the variegated not contain the selected solid as one of the colors (in the many colors of the variegated.) Hope that makes sense. Otherwise, the two blend together here and there where the like colors touch. At least this is one of my personal knitting "rules" I use when mixing yarns for dishcloths.

more later,
j

2 Comments:

Blogger TheDrollEclectic said...

It looks very different with the solid & varigated yarns switched. If I did this pattern again, I would not put the secondary color in the K3 side borders. On mine (SnC (A) Hot Purple and (B) Summer Splash) it reminds me of stained glass. I'll bring it Tuesday and will post a picture on my new blog soon.

8/20/2006 5:17 PM

 
Blogger AR said...

Nice dishcloth. I like to put the variagated with the same color, so they do blend here and there. The opposite of you. I like pooling in my socks, too. Maybe I'm a little weird, but it takes all kinds to make the world go 'round. haha

8/20/2006 11:05 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home