Saturday, October 27, 2007

What socks are you wearing?

The question of "What socks are you wearing?" came up yesterday on the Sister's group (Sisters Of the Wool otherwise known as SOWs, my knit night group). It sparked a flurry of responses as we are enthusiastic sock knitters but live in north Texas where it is not wool sock season in the summer. Now that temperatures are cooling off with day time temperatures in the 70's and 60's and night time temps in the 40's, it's handknit sock season here.

For me, this week, it was the mountain colors basket rib socks on Monday, stockinette STR fire on the mountain Tuesday, bright charcoal jitterbug baudelaires on Wednesday, raisen nature's palette loksins Thursday, and the fleece artist not-so-matchy brown socks Friday. I guess we'll need a sock washing day this weekend.

I'd love to hear what socks you're wearing, in the comments. If you have sock making questions, I'd be glad to try to help.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger bookgrump said...

You can tell when the Ravelry blog reader goes down. No one sees that you've made a blog entry!

I wore almost every pair of knitted socks that I have this week. The only pair I didn't wear is a pair that I will likely never wear again. (They're the first pair that I knitted, and I hated the yarn. I hate it even more now that it makes my feet feel raw when I wear the socks.)

But I love, love, love my wool socks. The best socks of all were my Beaudelaires, which fit to perfection. I liked wearing my knitted socks so much that it has prodded me back into action on my Stansfield 304s. Hopefully I'll have them done soon so I can add them to my knitted sock collection.

10/28/2007 7:34 PM

 
Blogger AR said...

I'm so embarrassed, I have on store bought socks. I always make sure to wear my handknit ones to knitting. Of course, it's freezing here, and you need to wear the wool socks!

10/29/2007 9:34 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home